Gather all the properties of the project itself that can influence tech decisions and create a simple method to map related QAs to them. Initial ideas:
- What is the expected lifetime of the project
- What is the appropriate level and quality or documentation
- How important is the maturity of the used tools
- What's the importance of making the project easy to maintain, possibly by other developers.
- How likely is that components will need to be changed.
- How many platforms will the product have to support over it's entire lifetime
- How many teams will be using the results of the project.
- How many teams will be involved in delivering the project.
- What's the budget
- What's the deadline
- What's the schedule
And the technical environment of the project and it's important quality attributes:
- Existing systems to interact with
- Existing systems to replace